Syn Free Diet Coke Chicken - Slow Cooker Method
- 2 x skinless Chicken Breasts diced or 400g Chicken thighs and legs, skin removed
- 1 Can (330ml) Diet Coke
- 1 Finely chopped Onion
- 6 tbsp Passata or a small can of chopped tomatoes
- Splash of Worcester Sauce
- Splash of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of chinese 5 spice [optional]
- A sprinkle of garlic granules [optional]
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- Brown the meat in fry light with onions or just put straight in slow cooker if you prefer
- Add the can of coke, passata, 5 spice, garlic granules and Worcester and soy sauces.
- Put slow cooker on low for 8hrs approx.
- Remove lid and turn up high for the last 1/2hr or so to thicken if necessary.
- If you want a thicker sauce pour juices into a saucepan at the end and simmer to reduce down, then pour back.
Serve with boiled rice