- 450g ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 large green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 tbsps white wine vinegar
- 275ml water
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Ice cubes, to serve
For the garnish:
- Chopped tomatoes, diced
- Red, yellow and green peppers, diced
- Red onion, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Mix the tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, spring onions and garlic together. Stir in the white wine vinegar, then transfer in batches to a blender or food processor.
- Blend thoroughly, then pour into a large bowl and stir in the water. Season to taste with salt and pepper and chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- To serve the gazpacho, ladle it into bowls and add a few ice cubes. Serve with the vegetables garnishes in little bowls and let people help themselves.