- 500g butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 450g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 200g savoy cabbage, shredded
- A bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- Low calorie oil spray (less than one calorie per spray)
- In a large pan, cook the butternut squash in boiling water for 15 minutes, then add the potatoes the pan for 5 minutes, and then add the cabbage, cook for another 10 minutes, and drain
- Place the cooked butternut squash, potatoes and cabbage in a bowl with the spring onions and mash well. Using your hands shape the mixture into cakes or use moulds.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan sprayed with low calorie oil spray, and cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat on both sides. Remove from the pan and serve immediately.
Tip: As an alternative, cook the cakes in the oven instead of frying, or grill to crisp them. You could also cook as one large ‘cake’ in a non-stick baking tin and serve cut into wedges.