- 900g floury potatoes
- 200g cabbage
- 6 spring onions
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie oil spray (less than one calorie per spray)
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 2 x 400g cans baked beans
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes and boil until tender. Meanwhile, shred the cabbage and finely slice the spring onions. Drain and mash the potatoes and mix with the cabbage. Allow to cool before adding the spring onions and egg yolk. Stir to mix, season and chill until needed.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7. Divide the potato mixture into eight portions and shape each one into a patty. Place on a baking tray sprayed with low calorie oil spray and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes and fry along with the eggs in low calorie oil spray. Heat the baked beans in a pan. Serve the bubble and squeak cakes with the tomatoes, eggs and beans